The Techni Waterjet Intec Value Series represents the greatest “VALUE” for money available in the world of profile abrasive Waterjet cutting. The Intec-G2® can cut almost any material to 8″ thick at maximum cutting speeds with minimum Capital outlay. The Techni Waterjet Intec Value Series is based on the same design platform as the Techjet-X2®. It is these same design solutions that will provide each Intec-G2® customer with a Waterjet machine that lasts longer and requires less maintenance, while delivering an easy to use, fast and accurate system at a very competitive price.
Mechanical Drive System
The drive system is a robust and unique design providing super-fast cutting speeds and traverse speeds of almost 1000″/min (25,000mm/min), with high acceleration and deceleration rates, while maintaining high tolerances.
- Capable of positional accuracy of +/- 0.004″ over entire cutting area.
- Fully enclosed Bellows that are Double Stitched and Vulcanized
- Highest quality German made, machine grade linear bearings
- Power “Z” axis
- Stainless Steel Loading Strip
Six Waterjet Models. Click for Specs.
Quantum NXT Pumps
Traditional waterjet pumps are categorized into two main types – intensifier pumps and direct drive crankshaft pumps. These two types offer different benefits, but both have considerable limitations.
1) Intensifier pumps are capable of delivering higher operating pressures, can support multiple nozzles, and can be “dead-headed” by holding pressure without any water being displaced. While dead-heading is desirable to pause or hold the cutting operation, it results in unwanted pressure spikes of up to 10% of the operating pressure, which is harmful to components and causes failure in high pressure piping and fittings. Intensifier pumps are typically very inefficient, large and noisy.
2) Direct drive crankshaft pumps are smaller, quieter and more efficient, but cannot dead-head, and must displace the water whenever the motor is on, which is done by dumping the water over a relief valve to drain. As a result, it is not practical to run multiple heads or varying orifices, as the unused water and energy is wasted. Direct drive crankshaft pumps are not suitable for running varying pressures, and are less reliable than intensifier pumps due to their high plunger piston speeds.
The Techni Waterjet™ Quantum NXT™ pump takes advantage of all the best features of the two existing technology pumps, while having none of their limitations.
Softec™ Waterjet Software
Every Intec-G2® comes standard with Softec™ Waterjet Cutting Software. Some of the features of Softec™ include:
- DXF Importation
- Re-Start Cutting from Anywhere
- Simple to use C.A.D. package
- Off Site Notification
- Real Time Running and Simulation
- Focussing Tube Wear Compensation
- Multiple Origin Points
- Standard Objects library
Softec™ software runs on the very latest in controller technology, the AM2000. Developed by ANCA, one of the pioneers in servo control technology, and a leader in the very demanding “CNC Tool and Cutter Grinder” market, the AM2000 delivers maximum acceleration with ultra high speed feedback to ensure minimum processing time with maximum accuracy and best surface finish. It also incorporates “patented” technology such as the MPG wheel which allows the operator to take the machine along the cutting path, forwards or backwards to any point, simply by winding the hand wheel. Other features includes those like;
- Designs are automatically imported and translated from DXF part files
- Design Mode separate from the cutting operation
- Push button control on the main console
- High visibility beacon light, green
- Off site notification
- Crash Sensing Break Away Head.
- 1/2 ton (500kg) Jib arm and 2 stage vacuum end-effector for easy material handling.
- Waste garnet recovery system.
- Abrasive Waste Removal Systems from 200 -1000 lbs (100-500kg) capacity.
- Twin cutting heads for increased production.
- Submerged cutting for almost silent operation.
- Floating ‘Z’ axis to maintain ‘stand off’ on warped materials.
- Text Messaging protocol which enables 2-way communication between machine and mobile phone.
- Tech-Sense™ to monitor the cutting head and pause the program prior to any blockage, making “Lights Out” operation a reality.
- Light Curtain Guarding System ensures maximum worker safety.
- EZY-Load material loading mechanisms available in 250lb (120kg), 660lb (300kg), 1100lb (500kg) load capacities.