The Techjet-X3 series is the latest in evolution of innovative products to create a precision, easy-to-operate, safe and highly reliable waterjet cutting machines. The Techjet-X3 is built to the highest tolerances and incorporates linear scale feedback to ensure the highest accuracy of motion in the industry. By mapping the entire cutting area with a laser-calibrated digital encoder, the motion system can deliver positional accuracy of 0.0005” (0.01mm) and high cutting speeds of up to1000ipm or 25m/min.
The Techjet-X3 is designed and built to the highest quality standards incorporating practical design features and high quality components. It was these practical design solutions that won it the prestigious “Excellence in Product Design” Award at the Manufacturing Innovation Excellence Awards upon its introduction into the market in 2001.
It is these same design solutions that will provide each Techjet-X3 customer with a waterjet machine that lasts longer and requires less maintenance, while delivering an easy to use, fast and extremely accurate system at a competitive price.
Six Waterjet Models to Choose From. Click for Specs.
- The KMT (formerly Ingersol-Rand) Autoline
- Abrasive Cutting Head, is the most efficient available. This results in you using less garnet, power and consumables per inch of cut than with opposition cutting heads.
- Linear Encoder Feedback with laser-calibrated mapping, offers the greatest accuracy in the industry.
- Fully enclosed bellows to completely protect the linear bearings and drive system.
- Stainless Steel apron to protect the machine when loading/unloading.
- Power ‘Z’ axis.
- Precision Stainless Steel Band drive providing smooth movement at rapid speeds with extreme accuracy.
- Tech-Sense™ to monitor the cutting head and pause the program prior to any blockage, making “Lights Out” operating a reality.
- AT2010 controller with MPEG Feed Wheel.
- Crash Sensing Break Away Head to protect your valuable investment.
- High or Low pressure cutting and piercing.
- Self diagnostic alarms window.
- Localized controls.
- Rotating control panel with retractable mouse pad.
Quantum NXT Pumps
Traditional waterjet pumps are categorized into two main types – intensifier pumps and direct drive crankshaft pumps. These two types offer different benefits, but both have considerable limitations.
1) Intensifier pumps are capable of delivering higher operating pressures, can support multiple nozzles, and can be “dead-headed” by holding pressure without any water being displaced. While dead-heading is desirable to pause or hold the cutting operation, it results in unwanted pressure spikes of up to 10% of the operating pressure, which is harmful to components and causes failure in high pressure piping and fittings. Intensifier pumps are typically very inefficient, large and noisy.
2) Direct drive crankshaft pumps are smaller, quieter and more efficient, but cannot dead-head, and must displace the water whenever the motor is on, which is done by dumping the water over a relief valve to drain. As a result, it is not practical to run multiple heads or varying orifices, as the unused water and energy is wasted. Direct drive crankshaft pumps are not suitable for running varying pressures, and are less reliable than intensifier pumps due to their high plunger piston speeds.
The Techni Waterjet™ Quantum NXT™ pump takes advantage of all the best features of the two existing technology pumps, while having none of their limitations.
The drive system is a robust and unique design providing super-fast cutting speeds and traverse speeds of almost 1000 inches per minute, with high acceleration and deceleration rates, while capable of maintaining high tolerances
- Each machine is calibrated using a laser interferometer
- Fully enclosed Bellows that are Double Stitched and Vulcanized
- Highest quality German made, machine grade linear bearings
- Adjustable Water Height Control for Submerged Cutting
- Crash Sensing Breakaway Head
- Power “Z” axis with convenient controls at the cutting head
- Guards are made of Stainless Steel
- Stainless Steel Apron completely covers the loading area
- 1/2 ton (500kg) Jib arm and 2 stage vacuum end-effector for easy material handling.
- Waste garnet recovery system.
- Abrasive Waste Removal Systems from 200 -1000lbs (100-500kg) capacity.
- Twin cutting heads for increased production.
- Submerged cutting for almost silent operation.
- Floating ‘Z’ axis to maintain ‘stand-off’ on warped materials.
- Text Messaging protocol which enables 2-way communication between machine and mobile phone.
- Light Curtain Guarding System ensures maximum worker safety.
- EZY-Load material loading mechanisms available in 250lb (120kg), 660lb (300kg), 1100lb (500kg) load capacities.